Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I clear the address bar history (normal system window, not Internet Explorer) in Windows 7?

I really need the privacy, and googling only gives me suggestions to go to my registry and delete entries in the TypedURLs subsection. The problem is, there are no entries in there, so there's nothing to delete and my history is still there.How do I clear the address bar history (normal system window, not Internet Explorer) in Windows 7?
do you mean the windows explorer? if that is what you mean, i have a solution. this involves working with the registry.





run%26gt; regedit%26gt; hkey_current_user%26gt;software%26gt;microsoft


%26gt;windows%26gt;currentversion%26gt;explorer


%26gt;typedpaths.





delete the entries from there. the paths should be listed as url1, url2, ......





hope this helpsHow do I clear the address bar history (normal system window, not Internet Explorer) in Windows 7?
haha sure. try ccleaner. just clean the options under windows explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment