Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do I clear cookies for just one website. I know I can go into Internet options and clear the cookies but?

what I want to do is only clear the cookies for one specific site. I have WindowsXP and am using IE 7.0. I tried going into (C)/Windows/temp/cookies which is what I would normally do however this time when I click into the cookies folder it comes up with only one DAT File called Index.


Anyone know how I can find the cookie for a specific site to clear it out? (Another family member used my pc and saved their password to my pc so when I go to a specific site it always brings up their site geographical site and not the location where I live).





Thank you for your help.How do I clear cookies for just one website. I know I can go into Internet options and clear the cookies but?
To delete a single cookie





1.In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.





2.On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Settings.





3.Click the View files button.





4.Click the Name column heading to sort all the files alphabetically, and then scroll down until you see files that begin with the prefix Cookie:. All cookies will have that prefix, and they usually contain the name of the website that created the cookie.





5.Right-click the cookie you want to delete, click Delete, and then click Yes.





6.Close the window that contains the list of files, and then click OK twice to return to Internet Explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment